Is this the most expensive stock scirocco ever?

When I saw these cars,  I was so stunned, I just had to tell someone!...

I went into my local VW dealer to get some parts I had ordered and,
shock no. 1:  what do I see but a MKI golf & a MKII scirocco in pole
position in the showroom window! How often do you see 15 yr. old cars in
a showroom full of brand-spanking new cars, especially VW showrooms.
I goes over to take a closer look only to get the killer blow!  They are
wanting £10,000 ($US16,500) for the Scirocco and £15,000 ($US24,750) for
the Golf, and they are both bone stock, not a modification in sight!
Admittedly they are both in beautiful condition but come on, that's got
to be highway robbery.  Would you buy either of them at that price?  I
presume it is some sort of gimmick to get people thru the door.

If there are any Scottish listers with money to burn or just plain
curious, then get yourself down to Western VW (Formerly Carron Motors),
Grahams Road, Falkirk, Central Scotland which is where you'll find them.
I don't suppose you'll find another '84 scirocco north of the Border in
as good condition.

The vital statistics that I can remember are as follows:

MKII scirocco GTI, 1984 (A plate), ONLY 7,200 miles, full service
history;
Mars (I presume)red  with black interior & black/grey stripe cloth;
1600cc (I presume);
Everything standard & as original, in mint condition.

MKI Golf GTI Campaign 1984 (A plate),  13,000 miles, full service
history, concours winner & featured in several magazines.
Lhasa blue with black or charcoal grey interior.
Again completely stock & mint condition.

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8