Re: what are the stock speaker sizes?

Don't forget boyz, they're 4x6e. "e" for "Euro", that is. You CANNOT fit
most 4x6 speakers without cutting either the speaker or the door. This
includes plate speakers. 16v Jason seems to have a real sweet setup with
some Cerwin 4x6 plate speakers. He cut the plate down so that it would fit
in the door.

BTW, you know the euro-spec speakers because they have four "ears" for
mounting bolts, where the non-euro has a rectangular frame that is metal
all the way around.

Finally, you have to watch the mounting depth in the doors. Many
aftermarket speakers will hit the door frame metal. You have to either get
shallower speakers or cut the door frame.

Yup. It's a bitch. That's why Jody and I did 5 1/4" components!!

Neal

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Michael Friesen wrote:

> They're 4x6 which is an annoying rare size.  All the "brands" make at least
> one 4x6 coax, but even my Kicker Impulse ones don't sound too great.  I'd
> lean towards a little modification to fit 4x6 plates from Sony, Pioneer,
> Orion or Clarion;  or even get 6x9s to fit in the hatch.
>
> Mike

			Neal Tovsen