RE: ANYBODY PLEASE>>>>MY ROCCO IS DYING!!!!!!!!!

Rob,

First off, not to belittle the situation, but please don't use message
titles like those unless your car is really dying. Yours is not, I can
assure you. :-)

Now, the clunk is very possibly either the front engine mount, or the
rear tranny mount. Could be something else, but the mounts are a good
start. Sounds to me like you let off the clutch and it clunked, and it
clunked again when putting power to the wheels going slow. You were not
turning were you?

The front mount is near the bottom of the radiator. You need some triple
square bits to get the starter bolts out( they hold the engine side
bracked on).
The rear tranny mount is easier.  You will need 13mm, 17mm, and 19mm
wrences and/or sockets. Support the engine.

Just get under the car, and poke around. You should be able to spot the
front and rear mounts right away, and then visually inspect them. If
there are any signs of falling apart, that's the one to change, although
I would recommend changing the fron one in either case. Techtonics makes
a nice HD front mount that will save  your flexjoint a lot of wear.
Potterman might be able to get them for you. He will be able to get any
stock mount you need. www.parts4vws.com

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco