Major Work Going Be Done

    I am going to do some hardcore work to the car tomorrow. Very tired
of the foul idling it's doing. I am going to start with vacuum hoses and
possibly injector seals. Anyone know what the seals costs anyhow? I am
hoping not to much, but then again I am not so lucky usually. I also
have another question. I have been trying to figure this out tonight
with little success. It may seem like a stupid one to you VW veterans,
but this my first VW so it's not obvious to me. Does an 85 VW Scirocco
8v stock motor have CIS or CIS-E fuel injection in it? Along with that,
I believe I cleaned out what I thought was the idle air valve, but I am
not so sure now. According to the Haynes manual the thing on the left
(when facing the car) shock tower, is the idle boost valve. I am
guessing this is true also, because it said it will have 2 boost valves
if the car has A/C and I have seen several 84 GTi's in the boneyard with
both and the ones with 2 boost valves all had A/C. This is what I
cleaned out with carb and choke cleaner. My question now is on my car
where the heck is the idle air valve located? I am guessing it is in
need of a cleaning since the car runs like shit at idle with or without
the oxygen sensor plugged in. I am pretty familiar with what the
underneath of my hood looks like as I have spent some (a freaking lot
of) time under there this summer.

Any help that anyone can offer me is greatly appreciated. Sorry I didn't
make the NE gathering but the slave drivers down at work said I could
not have the day off because they had already given me Sunday off.
Bastards. To hell with them :).

Chris