Re: Car'bing a scirocco

At 09:56 PM 6/21/99 -0700, you wrote:
>FI is the way to go for max power. But thats only if you have all the parts
>available to tune it. A set of carbs may make more power than our CIS

The entire reason I started this thread had nothing to do with power.
This was for a rally car I'm building, and talking to VW motorsport folks
from the UK and Deutschland, it was apparent that for offroad, nothing
stood up to the _durability_ of carbs.  Because offroad, overtime, carbs
have proven to be more hardy and destruction resistant than EFI.
Less overall junk to break when you suck up that branch up front.

We could argue for days about max power.  I was looking for
help finding parts, racers, and shops accustomed to dealing with
them.   If we want to discuss max power, I think the conversion of Toyota
Atlantic from carbs to FI was a perfect example of power.  The teams that
were slow on the uptake to convert were suddenly significantly slower.

Want max/more power from your K-jet?  Add an Audi vacuum
advanced fuel pressure regulator and  you'll never have trouble with
not enough fuel ever again.  Then again, you'll probably run out of gas
much sooner.  Its a bolt on.

Tuning IS the answer.  I just happen to be tuning for toughness.
Less HP, more surviveability.

Ed

P.S. Luckily there was a short, informationless (damn fluffy) article
in Grassroots Motorsports about Webers.  It more bescribed the parts
then anything else.  BUT it happened to list a few vendors!