Engine Swap

As I was cleaning the engine bay earlier today, I was thinking ahead about
my engine swap.  The car is a 81 Scirocco and I'm swapping in a 16V.  I
have the entire wiring harness from a 16V Scirocco with the fuse box and
all.  My question is, should I simply use the present (stock 1981) fuse box
and all or should I just replace the whole darn unit and do an entire
electrical swap.  I may swap a dash from a 84 Wolfie in there but I don't
know what I am should be looking at.  I've already done a carb to fuel
injection swap but not  an 8V to a 16V.  Can any one help?  Thanks y'all

Sal