RE: Junk yards in SF Bay greater area (long)

Bug World is no more.  It is now Called German Parts Warehouse The big dork
Cliff still runs it and bring yer KY if you need parts from him!!!

There is a new yard called Specialized German that does Audi and VW. Shawn
is the owner and he is a very fair but kinda goofy guy.  Nate just bought
his motor at this place and a few other things....it is a very reputable
yard with good parts and fair deals.

There is also a place that is called We Got Cars....it used to be German
Auto but that got gobbled up in a merger...many of the German Auto guys are
still there and while the prices are kinda high sometimes if you talk to a
guy that drives a 16v truck you can get good deals.  Don't was your time
talking to Big Tim.   They got tons of VW and Audi mostly late model.

There are also two Pick-n-pull yards in the same area owned by the same
company.  The newer one may actually take ATM cards for payment which is
cool for some of us idiots who never have cash.  Lotsa fresh cars all the
time, they cycle the vw stuff about every 2-3 weeks and new foreign cars go
down on tuesday so if you get there around noonish you can get the good
stuff before the vultures land.  These yards are great for the Old Volvo
turbo that has a thermostatic sandwich adapter oil cooler....got mine for
$7 including lines and the cooler.

There are also three other pay a dollar pick yards in the area and a
specialized VW place called BW in Roseville.  BW has a shortage of cars
right now because the owner died and his son is learning the hard way.
 Prices here are fair and there are probably 20 Sciroccos in the yard

Hope this helps somebody

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop
'99 Passat GLX

On Friday, June 18, 1999 8:47 AM, T Berk [SMTP:tberk@mindspring.com] wrote:
> VWN8@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 6/16/99 11:38:46 PM, greenchester@scirocco.zzn.com
writes:

> > << Anywhere within a 2 hour radius from the Oakland area? I am getting
that
> > bug to go and have a weekend kinda free.  >>
> >
> > Well I live in Palo Alto and go to school in Sacramento so Ive looked
for
> > parts in both places. I have had better luck finding good stuff in Sac.
There
> > are 2 VW specialty yards and 2 or 3 Pn'P style yards off of Sunrise
Blvd off