Re: any MAJOR preferences for a short shift kit?

I have the Eurosport model short-shift/weight and have been happy with it
so far. The Eurosport only affects fore-aft motion, not side-to-side,
which I prefer because I don't think that the Scirocco's shifter needs to
be shortened side-to-side (my girlfriend still has a tendency to select
the wrong gear, and yes my shifter bushings are still pretty good!). Other
models also change the side-to-side motion. The Eurosport has two possible
configurations: 30% reduction and 50% reduction. I run 50% and think it's
just dandy.

I got my kit from Mike Potter at www.parts4vws.com, and I definitely would
do the same again.

Neal
88 16v

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Robert H Luhrs wrote:

> Just curious i am thinking getting a short shift kit and possibly weighted
> thingee (forgot the name of it sorry) and was wondering mainly if anyone
> knew of any to really stay away from , or if they are all pretty equal,
> and just find the best price i can.
> thanks!
> Rob Luhrs
> 86 8 valve