cool intake

I got an email from our resident rally nut Scott Williams and it got me
thinking about my custom intake idea(s). I'd like some input from you guys
since this is a pretty big job I'm thinking about. Probably too big for one
person!

It is an 8v that I'm playing around with right now. i have been thinking of
keeping the stock intake manifold runners--the shape at least, and putting
a larger throttle body on, and making a new plenum, about stock size then
extending it forward and down a bit, make 4 more separate short, fat
runners that go straight into the bottom of the intake manifold, and put 4
individual t-bodys (maybe modified old motorcycle carbs??) that would open
at a certain RPM. A la Acura Integra GSR VTEC. So under say.. 4500 rpm we'd
be running the stock (sized) intake runners, long and small diameter for
monster torque, then when the t-bodies snap open, the intake rushes from a
large open plenum into relatively short fat runners.
I see a problem with head port size, valve size, and cam restricting the
high rpm badly. right now though.. hmmm My G-grind drops off at 6500rpm,
can you think of a cam that will rev higher but still have a descent idle?

Maybe this will have to implement my automatically centrifugal adjusting
cam sprocket idea . Advanced at low rpms and when the centrifugal 'retard'
weights move out, the cam timing is retarded.

I also think it'll be tricky trying to leave room for the injectors.. how
does the 16v mount injectors?

Kevin Fry
aka aventari
icq#21583385