Re: Re: 160 MPH Speedo Roccos

From: Brett P VanSprewenburg <brettv@rocketmail.com>

>Buy a 120mph MK1 speedo, or buy a 220kph one and have me make you >>
>gauge
>face covers that convert it 140mph.  Problem solved...or slow down...?
>

>==Brett
>

>---T Berk <tberk@mindspring.com> wrote:
>

> So,
>
> Is there some consensus on adapting later/ higher speed Speedos into Mk1
> dashboards?
>
> Swapping out the dash is a major project, but you get a whole later OD
> choice with it.
>
> But, what about what will fit into the existing round tach and speedo
> holes- that's the question.
>
> TBerk
> Already over running my 100 MPH with a GTI engine & header.

-
Alright that sounds good, but I have had mucho trouble finding a 120mph speedo. I currently have an 85 and it, well sucks. Trouble is that it was replaced with the new engine so the OD shows new engine miles but if a good/new one if found my cash is there. OD problems are an easy fix.

mark hausler
'81 scirocco s
'94 toyo 4x4
Get your free Scirocco e-mail!!  your_name@scirocco.zzn.com