Are mk1 chrome bumpers rare?

Would these chrome bumpers fit a '79?  Can anyone describe what
they looked like?  Hideous?  Just OK?  I really hate the plastic
bumper covers--I know, I can replace them, but guess what, they'll
still be plastic!  And I can hear the booing already, but actually
I like the "parkbench" bumpers (on a mk1) (makes the car a little
longer) so I really don't want Euro bumpers.

Any thoughts?

Jennifer
========
yes they will fit -except that the holes for the "end" pieces (the black rubber pieces at the ends of the bumpers that attach to the side of the fender) are a bit different. So this part would have to be modified a bit (it may be simple - like drilling a couple of holes, but I have not owned a chrome bumper Scirocco since 1985 . . .)

As for Euro look, the US chromes look almost the same as the euro chromes ...

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco
1987 Golf GT
Then there's Kristen's '78 Scirocco
http://home.t-online.de/home/Scirocco2/mark.htm
Previous Sciroccos: 1975 (2), 1981 S (1), 1980 S (1)