Re: Are mk1 chrome bumpers rare?

Would these chrome bumpers fit a '79?  Can anyone describe what
they looked like?  Hideous?  Just OK?  I really hate the plastic
bumper covers--I know, I can replace them, but guess what, they'll
still be plastic!  And I can hear the booing already, but actually
I like the "parkbench" bumpers (on a mk1) (makes the car a little
longer) so I really don't want Euro bumpers.

Any thoughts?

Jennifer

----------
| From: Mark Peele <map@scirocco.zzn.com>
| To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
| Subject: Fwd: Are mk1 chrome bumpers rare?
| Date: Monday, June 07, 1999 6:49 AM
|
| I found an early mk1 (enclosed turn signals and carbureted) in a
| junkyard that had chrome bumpers. The owner said he might be
getting rid of
| the car soon so I was wondering if maybe these puppies are worth
getting.
| (Not for my car, but maybe to resell later on, I'd hate to see
"rare" parts
| go to waste)... If anyone thinks I should get them, what's a
good price to
| pay?
|
| thanks,
|
| ___Wojciech Galecki___
| '84 8v Scirocco
| w/ new Ferodo pads & ATE discs!!
| the chrome bumps only came on 1975-1977 (US) Sciroccos, and as
such yeah they're kinda rare . . .

majordomo@scirocco.org.
scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org