Re: Audio nuts only

I did this, and had a number of people tell me it was BAD to do this. The
vibration from the speaker box will supposedly reduce the life of the amps
significantly.

What I did was to build a "shelf" of sorts for my two amps. The amps are
mounted to a carpeted board that is a couple inches wider than the
distance between the rear shock towers, and fits vertically between the
shock towers, on edge as though the amps were mounted to the seat back.
I have put short "legs" on the back side to pin it more
securely between the seat and the towers. I am planning on mounting it
more securely someday, but I did an autocros last weekend and did not take
it out. It is held in there pretty good. The folks at the Cincy cruise
thout it looked pretty good, too. Very easy to make/install, and no holes
to drill!

Jody Baily (if you read this): How about if we include this in the speaker
installation tech article?

Neal

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 CAPTIANBR@aol.com wrote:

> How about attaching it to the box itself.  The box I am useing is quite large
> and would have room for the amp.
>
> Brian 86 16v

			Neal Tovsen