Re: Happy Update on my '84 8v (long)

>     The A/C doesn't seem to work. belts are tight, I
> don't really know
> how to check the seal/vacuum of the compressor, so I
> assume it's
> alright.

I've had a few Sciroccos and have rarely had one with
working a/c.  If the compressor is not frozen up, it's
likely that the system just needs recharged.  (Check for
leaks - stuff's expensive!)

>     Sunroof still sticks on the slide-back path .. needs
> a reach-around
> pat of reassurance (a la the Fonz :-)) to get it to open
> .. I'll try greasing
> up the parts tonight.

Use *very* light lubricant...

>     Well, this weekend's project is to clean the engine
> bay .. and the
> engine .. hope I have plenty of degreaser around. :-)

Product of choice:  Castrol Super-Clean.  This stuff works
WONDERS.  Highly recommended.

Does
> anyone know the oil capacity and the gas tank size for
> this model?

I believe it's something like 4.3 quarts assuming you
change the oil filter, 3.7 without changing it. Fuel tank
is 13.7 gallons, I don't know what this converts to in
Litres though...  sorry.

> believe it was enlarged right around this model year
> (1984)

Yes.  The regular 'ol '84 had the 10.0 Gallon tank, the
Wolfie's got the larger tank along with the larger rear
spoiler.  (At least these have been my observations)  The
large tank / spoiler both became standard for 1985.

> Thanks again to all of you for your help .. I keep being
> amazed by the
> knowledge of the people on this list.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!!!

===
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry