Re: Need help fast. (more info)

At 10:19 PM 6/8/99 -0400, Michael Friesen wrote:
>Josiah is right, I do have that damn auto.  3 speed autos have trouble
>pulling over 100 km per hour.  Sucks as a courier on the highway.  As for
>other stuff,  it just had a tune-up at the local VW dealership, and they
>said it was working great.  Weird thing is it seems to run sluggish and
>worse mileage now.  Dunno.  They did an oil change, tested compression,
>changed the plugs ...  I hope they didn't change the K&N even though I told
>them not to.  I should check that.  Anyway, Maybe I should get timing done
>next.  I've been planning to get a G-grind and adjustable cam, so maybe now
>is the time.  Any further advice?
>
>Mike

Mike,  get the car running the way it is supposed to before adding a cam
and, what I'm assuming you meant, adjustable sprocket.  Adding these now to
what may be a motor not running normally isn't going to help you, and may
even run worse.  Adding mods to a poorly running motor is definately not
going to cure it's problems.  But of course if it's something simple like
tire air pressure or driving style then go ahead with the mods.

John Worden
Old Town, Maine

'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4
'81 Volkswagen Scirocco(mk1) soon to be 2.0 16V
'69 MGB- in need of total resoration(needs some front fenders too)