Re: power steering fluid

Paul Maione wrote:

> > Hey guys, my power steering fluid reservoir has been
> > leaking do to a loose
> > hose clamp, so I need to top it up, but it looks
> > pretty dirty in there.  is
> > it a big chore to change it out?  Also, is there
> > some specific type of fluid
> > I need to buy??  I don't think I've ever even seen a
> > bottle of power
> > steering fluid at the local auto parts store.
> >
> >   Any advice appreciated :)
>
> I'm pretty sure that Power Steering fluid and
> Automatic
> Tranmission Fluid are the exact same thing...

well, Paully's right ... but the stuff that's recommended for our roccos
isn't regular power steering fluid
you can get it at the dealer for something like 35$cdn. It's made by
Pentosin, so you could find the same stuff without the dealer packaging for
a bit less at a good parts place.

-nigel.
86 Scirocco
85 Scirocco