Re: {non-roc} 92 2.0 Passat ?'s

At 9:58 AM -0500 7/29/99, Shannon Fenton wrote:
>	I found a 92 2.0 16V Passat wagon for 3700 bucks. It has 100K
>on it and I
>was wondering if there is anything I should be aware of. Thanks guys!

CHECK THE BLOWER FAN SWITCH.  They are notorious for failing.  Make
sure it works in all positions.  It's $130 from Mark for a new one if
it doesn't.

My '93 has developed some really nasty rust bulges around the pins
for the rear emblem.

Those are the two things that I've found; although, mine is a GLX
(VR6) so I can't really help about the engine.

| Jim Jarrett                      http://www2.rpa.net/~jarrett |
| jarrett@<NOSPAM>rpa.net                                       |
|                     "Cue the Sun."                            |
|               -Ed Harris, _The_Truman_Show_                   |