Re: {non-roc} 92 2.0 Passat ?'s

3 things, timing belt, timing belt and timing belt.  Don't take anyone's word on
replacement unless you've seen the belt AND tensioner done yourself.  Other than
that, the front motor mount should be replaced with a mount & bracket from an earlier
A2 chassis car, and the upper intake boot often cracks giving erratic idle and what
not.  Avoid auto trans if possible.  Enjoy!  They are fun cars!

jim