RE: Re: dead battery update

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

Both of the conditions I described went away completely after the new
battery went in. They also never appeared before my battery went crazy.

I don't think the seat belt light was a faulty sensor, as it would turn
on and off repetitively. 5sec on, 15 sec off. like a reeeeaaallly slooow
flash.
It went away when the new battery was installed.

The power dip was also worrying me, but the fact that it -completely-
disappeared with the battery swap lead me to think that the dead battery
was the cause. I could be wrong, but it's gone now, and I did nothing
else.

To answer your question, No I did not have it tested for charge, but I
had my reasons. 1. The old battery was the wrong size 2. The car started
like usual with a jump, and once running it was mostly fine. (indicating
a dead battery) 3. I didn't want to waste my time trying to see if a
wrong battery that I'm 90% sure is dead will still hold charge. BTW it
was 3 yrs old.

Jonas
85 Scirocco