From: Majordomo [mailto:majord@neubayern.net]On Behalf Of Wayne Cressman
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 1999 4:10 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: How Hot do Scirocco's Run

Down here in 99 degree Dallas, I'm having no problem pegging my water
temperature gauge at the top after 20 minutes of stop-go traffic with the
air-conditioning blasting.  Is that typical for a 16v '86 Rocco or do I need
to investigate further?  My mechanic did fix a coolant leak by replacing two
hoses, so I'm no longer loosing coolant.  And the electric fan seems to be
coming on just fine.  My mechanic says the next three things to investigate
are the temperature sensor, air pockets in the system and whether the
radiator's clogged.  What kind of water coolant temperatures is everyone
else seeing this summer?

Wayne c.