Re: Waterfest Fun!

From: 16v Jason <jason@scirocco.org>

> >As far as getting arrested,
>
>Why?  Well, let's just say it involves a 4-wheel, tail-out, screetching
>halt to a stop with the ass end of my car stopping just a few feet short of
>a police car blocking the road.  However, since I ain't one to gossip, I
>won't say that both Ben Harder and Brett fell victim to the same
>treacherous curve in their 16Vs... :)
>
>Whoops, did I say that out loud?
>
>Jason

LOL!
Holy Shit, That's funny!

After bein all fired up on the autoX track, I did the same thing!

The uGLI brakes hard into the right hander, Hit the turn, accellerate hard
under the bridge...**COP!** then nail the brakes, re-swallow my lunch and
slide to a stop right next to the cop!  I asked him if this was the way to
rt 46... He laughed.

I went with another 'no-maintnence' AutoX plan on Sun.  I got there,
unloaded the trunk and went racing with my street tire pressures.  The Yokos
were *way* under-inflated.  It was too damn hot to care, tho. I had to keep
my eyes on the temp gauge, as I lost the fan switch on the way there.
I had 6 runs all together, my buddy, Kyle (from the NJ cruise) took one run
(off-course), I took the other 5. I had fairly consistant low 22's, High
21's were the average, and there were a few sicko's runnin 20's--the army
green MK2 golf and the 'assult rabbit' both broke into the 19's!

I think I placed 30th overall out of --jeeze, I dunno, 85 cars?   Whatever.
It was good to see all the listees, and I even got to walk thru the show for
an hour!  One of the coolest cars I saw at the show was a MK2 golf, 1985,
with those Rabbit-square headlights- factory chrome trim, hubcaps, a MK3
dash and a VR6 with ABS.  It was the cleanest sleeper Id seen in a long
time. They even picked the 85 grille--GUTS!

The 2 sad things were, of course, the 1.8T MK 1 golf *SMASHED* (I watched
him drive it out of the show field...) and the ultra-rad 78rabbit drag car
that WAS NOT ALLOWED IN THE SHOW.  This car was a beautiful example of what
VW shows *could* be. the craftsmanship was amazing, and the owner was
intelligent and answered everybody's questions.   There was enough room to
let this guy in.  He tried registering 2 weeks before, and said it was sold
out, so he bought an AutoX ticket to park it.  They shoulda let him in the
show field...If there was enough room for the stupid fuck who was reving his
motor and chirping the tires --with a crowd around him-- they coulda put him
in.  He proudly noted... "I can honestly say that I do not have a single
part on this car that any of these venors here have made or sell."    wait
till ya see it.  It puts a thumb in the eye of VW tuning as we know it.  5
teasers: 4 barrel carb... water jackets in block are filled with concrete...
rear suspension consists of heim joints, a tube that looks alot like a tie
rod, and a VALVE SPRING off a big block chevy...boxed front end to eliminate
strut bearings.  Thats enough...

OK, I've said enough... NEXT!

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com