Re: Homemade adjustable cam gear

Chris,

The diesel cam gear is wider and tougher hence the "diesel" in the title of
the engine.  Although I don't know the specifics on the indexing of it
though.  Like I said, I have access to ALL the equipment to do this and
wouldn't attempt it if I didn't understand what I was doing.

The Rabbit was given to me with quite a bit of things done to it to begin
with.  Once I had it, I took a liking to it and started to improve on little
things here and there.  A friend of mine had a 79 Rabbit with a 16v in it
(only for a place to put it) from his friends totalled out scirocco.  I
bought the whole car for $800.  Used the
engine/trans/axles/knuckes/wheels(corrado stock 15's) on my car and the rest
of the 79 went to scrap (it was pretty rusted).  So, THAT is why I am
driving a Rabbit.  So far I haven't had anyone GIVE me a scirocco so I have
a Rabbit.  We are all after the Hondas, Acuras, and Mustangs anyway, CAN'T
WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!  Besides, my rabbit is alot faster than any scirocco
I've been in!!!!

Dave
77 Rabbit 16v