Re: Block Rebuild

>balance what?
>
>the crank is factory done and the rods should only be a few grams from each
>other stock.
>Steve Toughill
>ASE Cert. VW Technician
>Volks-Tech

Having seen this done, I'd have to say that all things are most
definitely _not_ created equal. :)  The factory balances the crank,
but I seriously doubt all the other parts attached to the crank
are taken into account.  Not to mention the fact that I'd bet a
hand balanced crank (post factory) is even closer then a few grams.
Wouldn't you think that with piston, wrist pin, bolts, clips, rod,
rod cap, even bearing weight differences can add up?  It may only
be a few grams either way, but at 7k rpms, everything helps right?

==Brett