Re: Getting rid of my AC

WaspHwy@aol.com wrote:

> how do I do this? (84 8v) do I just need a different pulley on the alternator
> to connect to the (oil pump, I think...) and bypass the ac compressor? thanks

Sorry I was too quick last time;

The A/C equipped cars use two pulleys on the crank, down low. These
serve two different sets of pulleys up above. The idea is to replace the
Alt mounting bracket AND swap the water pump pulley for one that is
offset from the one you have now.

This allows the use of a single belt, with the outer crank pulley
remaining but unused.

 |--[]--|   the pulley on the water pump you have now.

 |\__[]__/|  the pulley on Non A/C cars, as seen on edge in a cut away
view.

In addition to the water pump pulley moving over, the A/C pump not being
there means a new way to mount the Alt. is required, therefore a new
Atl. bracket. It's a bunch smaller than all the A/C iron, your car will
thank you for the weight reduction. :)

Again, this is what we love about the Potters (and Mark too); get thee
to thine online parts supplier of choice!

hth,
TBerk