Re: drag strip times

In a message dated 7/20/99 9:29:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time, aventari@cts.com
writes:

<< if you have a well running 16v w/ gutted cat and ram air, low 15's should
 be pretty damn easy, at at least 88 mph.
 Your car has a mechanical problem i'd almost guaruntee. is it misfiring?
 how does it run when you first start it up in the morning? >>

This is my slip
R/T		.832
60'		2.83
330		7.6
1/8		11.63
mph	63
1000	14.9
1/4		17.7
mph	80.42

That was my slip. I just don't know.  The car starts up on the second
rotation of the starter every day. It does have a slight misfire at Idle when
it is cold but when its warm the Idle is steady at 900Rpm.  It feels like it
pulls real strong.  But come to think of it, It does not seem as strong at
full temp. then when it is cold. It feels great up to about 6,000rpm, then it
just makes a lot of noise, and seems to die off. First gear is great, puts a
good smile on my face. Second gear is much less pleasing though. I know it is
hard to diagnose like this but whatdaya think?

Brian 86 16v

P,S.  My flex joint on the downpipe is leaking a little too.