Re: Got a 78 MK1!

In a message dated 7/19/99 4:16:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ioverholt@hotmail.com writes:

> Thanks to my good man Doug Teulie, who located the car, contacted the owner
>  and spotted me the cash to buy it, I've got an alpine white 78 Sidewinder!!

Congrats!!!
You got a rare one.  Sounds just like mine.  Generally, it sounds like it's
the factory stock "Champagne Edition".  The engine is a 1.6 block that's
destroked to 1457cc.  The belt routing you describe is completely normal for
a non-AC setup.  The interior is completely black except for the door release
handles(chrome) and the vent window lock lever and pivot(chrome), there is
also no "Scirocco" badges on the interior except the door sill.
Have fun!

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner