RE: front struts

use a monkey wrench (and maybe you'll need a pipe to add leverage - but
prepared to warp the shit out of your wrench!)
dave

put the housing in a large-ass vise (i mean anchor size, or bolt it down
good!) - remember to put some fluid (brake works fine in the housing when
you replace the front shocks) in the strut housing