RE: Legally drive w/ Euro Plates??

> Like the subject says, How could one drive around legally w/ European
> licence plates (w/o US plates) and not get in trouble for it? I could
> understand getting pulled over a few times, but not get in trouble.  Can
> this be done?  If so, Id love to do it, even if it could only last half a
> year.

I get this question frequently.  It really depends on the police in your
area on what you can get away with.  There is no legal way that I know of to
use front and rear German plates.

You can generally get away with replacing the state issued front plate (if
your state has them). I've only had one cop say something to me in over 3
years, and I was parked at the time. The funny thing is he didn't say one
thing about the dark window tint!  A recent news story on Ohio cars and no
front plate said the tickets ranged from $35 to $100 (state cops). Just
driving around I see about 20% of cars without their front Ohio plate.

Never replace the rear plate for daily use.  You'd only be asking for
trouble.  Any cop with half a brain would pull you over for that.  I did see
a Saab once with front and rear British plates.  She had had them on for
over 2 years without any problems. "I like the way they look better than the
Ohio plates" she told me...

HTH!

Greg :)

Gregory Davis       1985 Euro-spec Scirocco

GAK Motorsports... Your source for German Plates,
country emblems, and more!

Please visit http://www.DriversFound.com