Re: Audi A3 1.8t

Captnbr@aol.com wrote:

> Sorry for the no rocco but I was wondering if anyone knew if they sell the
> audi a3 1.8t here it the US cause I want one.  And if not would it be hard to
> import one into the US.

Nope, and don't hold your breath waiting for it to come.  Ask Potter about
the A3 - he had H&R's on loan for a week back in January.  Chipped, slammed,
18" rubber.. that thing FLEW, and the riceboys never knew what hit 'em.  All
they saw was a blur of a huge H&R logo flying by, then when the dust cleared,
they saw the ass-end of a car which they couldn't identify...  8^)

Not hard to import?  How do you figure??  The car would have to be
federalized.
Tina of H&R in Seattle brought hers in through Canada, and managed to get it
registered in Washington fairly easily, apparently.  If it had come straight
to the US from Germany, that would have been another story..

The new GTI is VERY similar to the A3.  The refinement is certainly equal.
The 1.8T is coming to the GTI GLS sometime mid-year 2000 (after the Detroit
Auto Show, where it will be introduced).  Or if you could find one, you could
have a VR6 right now... for the right price, you could have mine..   :)

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0