RE: did the 9A tranny ever come in the 85 roc?

Mine came from a 78 :-)
The 9A came in some 84's with 90mm flanges,  and 85's with 100mm flanges (the scirocco may only have had the 90's)
It certainly came on the Golf in 85 and 86 GTI version with 100mm flanges

If anyone cares, I have a 9A with around 100K on it and a crunchy reverse gear for best offer....
It's in Sac but I'm sure I could (wink wink nudge nudge NATE)......... get someone to take it to the Roc'n the Bay meet if anyone wanted it.

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop
'99 Passat GLX