From: Christopher Grossi [mailto:cgrossi@dwc.edu]
Sent: 16 July 1999 15:06
To: 'scirocco-l@scirocco.org'
Subject: Fuel Pump or Ignition Module

    I called a local auto place this morning. I described my problem and
they told me probably either the ignition module or the fuel pump. The
problem with the car is that after I drive it in traffic and it gets hot
it will stumble sometimes on acceleration or when I am sitting still
like at a stop sign or red light it will begin to idle really rough,
tach bouncing up and down and then quit. When I go to restart it right
away it will crank and when I let go of the key it will continue to make
a popping/spitting noise kind of like a backfire and then will either
rev up and then quit or rev up and stay running. It does this until I
have shut it off and let it cool for a while. Anyone have any insight?
Is the ignition module the coil or is there another part I am unfamiliar
with?

Chris