Re: 16v wanted

POTATO! wrote:

> a friend of mine is looking for a 16v scirocco......condition of motor is
> not a big priority (he has a 2.0l 16v for it)....he just wants a straight
> body and good mechanicals
>
> i am not sure if he is willing to travel, so something in the dc/md/va
> area is prefferable
>
> if anyone has any leads, please send them my way

 I may be selling my 16V very shortly. I am going to look at what is
supposed to be a mint 80 MK1 saturday. If I buy it I will have to sell
my 16V due to storage problems. My car is immaculate. Almost everything
is new. Radiator, water pump, alternator, timing belt, V-belts, plugs,
etc etc. It has 150,000 miles though. TT exhaust, short shift, K&N,
Neuspeed front and rear sway bars, Autotech upper stress bar, recent
rotors and brakes, new axles, 15" TSW wheels with brand new Nitto rubber
and lots more. There is one small dent on driver's side fender from a
hit in a parking lot but its minor. None of the body lines were
affected. (if anyone knows where I can get a straight fender in Tornado
red with good paint I'll change it first). Otherwise the body is
excellent. No rust, just some small chips here and there. Original paint
still looks good. Also ALL parts in the sunroof are BRAND NEW! Interior
is mint aside from the one small hole in driver's seat bolster. I will
probably keep the wheels and tires for the MK1 if I get it so I will put
the teardrops back on which are in good shape. Will be asking somewhere
around $3000. I will not go lower. I have all recipts. Lots into this
car. Anyone interested email me direct. If I buy the Mk1 I will post
again for sale. I am in western MA.

Feenix
88 16V