Alarms

Can anyone recommend an alarm system?  My car got broken into tonight, and
my stereo system is all gone.  I want to prepared for the next guys.  They
did it all in broad daylight in an outdorr parking lot.  They were pros
though, cause they even had tools to cut the console open to get my deck
out.  Bastards.  I'm not quite sure what made them destroy the rear seat in
order to find my sub and amp, but they did.  So now I have to fix all the
damage and replace everything missing.

Back to the topic.  My dream would be to have a system that's not only loud,
but has a paging system attached.  But I also don't want to go too
expensive.  Problem is I'm not usually within earshot of my car, so how
would I know the alarm is going off?

Anyway, any advice would be helpful.

Mike