From: Outcaste99@aol.com
To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:06:45 EDT
Subject: Ughh, I've got a steering problem!

Hi!

Has anybody else had this problem??

I Was out driving home from work the other day when I suddenly notice
I've
got about an inch of travel in my steering wheel. Pretty scary feeling
out on
the road! Anyhow thought the steering wheel had come loose for some weird

reason but it was on tight. Turns out that their is a sleeve bearing
under
the dash and it is held in place by a white plastic cap that I assume is
just
a press fit. Anyhow, the cap had come off and the bearing had slid down
the
rack toward the fire wall. bearing looks fine so I put it back. Only
problem
is the cap doesn't want to stay in place. Am I missing something or is
the
cap just worn out? Has anybody else encountered this? thanks in advance!

Michael