Re: Shifter

Duffy Penski wrote:

> Any tips on cutting my shifter rod? I want to do it soon but whats the
> optimal length and can i get away with using adhesive in the shift ball
> instead of rethreading the damn thing.

I just UNdid the cut-down shifter in my car, replaced the shift lever
with a new stock one.  I sit with the seat all the way back, and it was
a LONG-ass reach for me, plus with the shorter shaft (heh) and short-shift
kit, that sucker was stiffer than Rob Lowe at a Britney Spears concert.
I had the short shifter relaxed one notch, and between that and the
full-length shifter, the car is MUCH more pleasant to shift - I like
it much better now.

If you like, you can have my pre-cut lever and not ruin yours - that way
you can go back to stock if you prefer.  Free!

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 Scirocco 16V 2.0