Re: Cat guts and other mysteries

Damon Steele wrote:

Finally, the cat
> is getting a real resonant tone to it, kind of loud, but not bad.  The last
> thing I wonder is (by way of confirmation for me) does this kind of back
> pressure cause it to pop (not quite backfire) when you are downshifting and
> coming to a stop while in gear and the clutch disengaged?  Lots of crackling
> sometimes....
>
> Thanks as always..
>
> DeS

Ohh, do I love that sound!!! I like to rev the hell out of it in 3rd
gear, get it up to 6 grand or so, and then let off and just let the
crackling rip! Its a nice deep tone out of my TT exhuast. Its always
done it since the exhaust was put on, I believe. I don't think its
really a problem.

Feenix
88 16V