Re: Tranny and axle help

>77 Roco with 86 GTi engine. What axle sizes do I need? 1 90mm and 1 100mm or
>2 90mm ? Any input is appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>Paul D.

The 96 tranny will have 100mm output flanges, but your wheel bearing
hubs will only work with 90mm CV joints (unless you grind the crap
out of them).  I vote for mix-n-match.  A Velocity limited slip kit
works better with the 100mm inner CVs anyway (there have been several
failures associated with 90mm inner CV joints).  So go with 100mm inner
joints, and 90mm outers.  We're going to be doing that on Jims 16v
convertible.

later.

==Brett