RE: Question for wieghted shift rod owners

On Monday, July 12, 1999 4:32 PM, Dan [SMTP:dan@angband.org] wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 1999 at 11:17:26AM -0400, John C. Worden wrote:
>
> > How much(approximately) do the weighted shift rods weigh?  I am going
> > make one a t work this week and want to know about how heavy to make
it.

> I tried various weights when I was building mine. I settled on 1.5 lbs.
>
> Dan

Mine is a very trick stock VW weighted rod.

I found it on a MkI in a junkyard and paid ummmmm nope, put it in the tool
box and left with it.ooopppss

Anyway, it was made by taking the stock A3 weighted rod, cutting off the
drivers side of the rod and welding on the proper length rod from the MkI.
 Perfectly weighted with the 4 circle logo right on top.

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop
'99 Passat GLX