GTI Electricals Conclusion

In case anybody cares, my GTI continued to do more and more odd things -
when I caused any new current draw, the voltmeter would jump down like 2
volts and then settle back up almost to where it was (even just stepping
on the brakes would cause this to happen). The lights would dim to the
beat of music I was playing.. they would almost cut out with the car
idling and my brakes, lights and turn signal on. Blah, blah, blah... all
kinds of strange stuff. I traced the voltage drop right to the battery.
Turned out that the connections on the bolt that goes through the battery
post were bad. That was it. I knew it had to be something simple.
	-Josiah