Re: What was that?

IIRC, the "Fuel Injection" badges were just on the early (<83?)
Mk II Sciroccos (and Mk1's?).
Perhaps I'm wrong, but I haven't seen them on anything newer. As far as
the wheels, it doesn't sound like anything I've heard of before from the
factory. Cabriolets sometimes had a really thick 6(?)-spoke wheel that was
sometimes painted white, but I haven't heard of any factory white wheels
for the SII. Were they thick spokes or thin? Any idea what size? If they
were larger than 14", they're not factory...

Neal

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999 pb1113@hotmail.com wrote:

> I was reading the whole badge/wheel thread that's going and it reminded me
> of a Scirocco I saw at a gas station the other day.  I didn't have time to
> talk to the driver, so I'll ask you all. This car was white, a definite
> MKII, non-16V and had white wheels that looked like they were factory. They
> were alloy 5-spokes and definitely weren't GTI mags.  Anyone know what was
> up with this car?  Does anyone on the list own it?  This was in Mid-Michigan
> at a gas station by Delta College.  Also, instead of having the
> "Scirocco-Fuel Injection" badges, it just said "Scirocco"....TIA
>

> Chris M.
> 81 "GTI"
> 82 Scirocco

			Neal Tovsen