Re: More Mk1 16v swap problems...

I don't know how the engine bay looks like on a mkI but I had a
convertible with a golf 16v engine and it hit the hood.  the solution I
found was to use the lower part of the fuel distributer from a rabbit.
not the distributer itself but the plastic around it.  It was still a
tight fit but I could shut the hood.  you might have to make a bracket
to hold the air box in place(DURING HARD CORNERS).

If you want my .02 I would have done it on the rocco side looks much
better and easier to work on.  either way keep working the ride is
worth it...
any more questions feel free to ask

Tony