Re: badges

aholmes@chubb.com wrote:

> Can't help with the badges but if the wheels are oe then they should be "scala"
> alloys. I assume that by half painted you mean to colour code with the car.
> They may well be expensive but i saw a secondhand set of 4 with tyres advertised
> recently in locally (SE London) for £50
>    Andy

"Scala" alloys are known as GTI rims in North America (came on Rabbit
GTIs). These wheels first appeared in early 80's passats in europe and
later appeared on Jettas and the early Mk2 Scirocco GTX there, but these
weren't colour coded. I bet buying a colour-coded one from the dealer
would be quite expensive..The black/silver ones should be readily
available
on the used market for cheap and look almost as good or you could
paint them yourself to match if you have a colour-coded wheel fetish.

Kareem
'88 16v