Re: oil leak

>Ok guys get on your thinking caps! I have a 1987 16v scirocco and >there is
>a real bad oil leak.

   Check you head gasket.  This was the problem in my car, went through a
lot of oil and it soaked the whole bottom of my engine.  Just look for where
the head and block meet, follow the gasket around the engine and see if the
wetness is coming from there.  It became clear, after the head was
inspected, that the problem was extreme overheating. I had like 10 cracks
between the spark plugs and valve seats.

Josh Strait
1988 Scirocco 16v (black)