Re: Tech question

Anytime I've experienced these symptoms, it has turned out to be a leaky
injector.  Usually I run the car then pull the injectors with the car
off and check for bits of fuel vapour or damp spots on the injector tips
and sure enough, one of them shows a leak.  I think what happens is the
fuel pressure drops because of the leak and it takes time for the
pressure to build back up in that line when the car is started so the
car will only run on 3 cylinders until the pressure returns.
HTH, at least it's another area to eliminate as a problem.

Mike Hansen
83 Scirocco GT