Re: Oil Leak

----------
From: "Jan Folkson" <jfolkson@optonline.net>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: FW: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
Date: Sat, Jul 3, 1999, 11:51 AM

Hey,

I had a similar problem a few years back.  My guy at the VW dealership
couldn't find it anywhere.  TMALSS, it turned out to be the oil cap.  We
replaced it and the leak disappeared.

Regards,

Jan Folkson

'86 16V
'99 Passat 1.8T

----------
From: "buzz" <scirocco16@sprint.ca>
To: "list" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: oil leak
Date: Sat, Jul 3, 1999, 10:43 AM

Ok guys get on your thinking caps! I have a 1987 16v scirocco and there is a
real bad oil leak. Under the car it's soaked in oil. I checked the valve
cover gasket and it's fine. The oil pan gasket looks wet but it looks like
the oil is coming from higher up. Any ideas? Thanks

--MS_Mac_OE_3013846265_891570_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: oil leak</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=3D"#FFFFFF">
Hey,<BR>
<BR>
I had a similar problem a few years back. &nbsp;My guy at the VW dealership=
 couldn't find it anywhere. &nbsp;TMALSS, it turned out to be the oil cap.
&=
nbsp;We replaced it and the leak disappeared.<BR>
<BR>
Regards,<BR>
<BR>
Jan Folkson<BR>
<BR>
'86 16V<BR>
'99 Passat 1.8T<BR>
<BR>
----------<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><FONT SIZE=3D"2">Ok guys get on your thinking caps! I have a
1987=
 16v scirocco and there is a real bad oil leak. Under the car it's soaked
in=
 oil. I checked the valve cover gasket and it's fine. The oil pan gasket
loo=
ks wet but it looks like the oil is coming from higher up. Any ideas?
Thanks=
<BR>
</FONT>&nbsp;<BR>
&nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3013846265_891570_MIME_Part--