Re: ANYBODY PLEASE----MY ROCCO IS (not) DYING!!!!!!!!!

>hello listers......i gotta situation here.....just started last
>night.....never happened before...just this morning i went outside to
> >start
>up the car and put it into gear.....i let my foot off the clutch and >feel
>clunking noise

  My car did the same thing.  It turned out to be a bad front engine mount
(the rubber was all torn up).  It did a number on the downpipe flex joint so
I would recommend taking it easy on it and checking it out ASAP.  I was
doing some spirited driving one time (with the clunking) and the rubber just
finally gave way, totally tore the downpipe flex joint open, torqued the
engine against the sway bar, and I lost first gear.  Needless to say after
that the clunking went away :)

Josh Strait
1988 Scirocco 16v (black)