Re: RE: Idle Stabilizer Valve/8v

Not the case w/ 8v.  I have seen those on cars w/ CIS-E injection, but not the CIS that comes w/ the 8v.  I think the idle stabilier valves came on cars made after 83, and before that if they were going to be sold in California.

The following is from memory from reading the Bentley, not from actual experience.  I have never had to mess w/ it soo...on the 8v engine, it is a little black box next to the fuel injecttion brain (big box under rain tray under hood on drivers side that says K-Jetronic on it).  The idle stabilizer valve has a black tube coming out of both ends.  Don't know about cleaning it though.

That was a lot of help, wasn't it?  Maybe someone else can give you more details?

Victor J. Farren
Research & Reference Services
PPC/CDIE/DIO/RRS
Tel: (202) 661-5842
Fax: (202) 661-5891
E-mail: vfarren@rrs.cdie.org

>>> Chris Coracini <Coracin@usdl.com> 01/29 10:55 AM >>>
not *exactly* sure about the 8V's, but it looks like a copper and silver
tube about 4 inches long and about 1.5 inches around.  it has a 1 inch
rubber hose coming out of each end.  it also has an electrical
connection on it.  one of the hoses goes to the rubber intake tube, the
other goes to the intake manifold.  when you turn the key on (with the
motor off), it will hum.  you can put your hand on it and feel it, that
way you'll know that's the one.