RE: Oil Light buzzing for no reason at 2100 rpm . . ?

Um..geee Shannon thanks..I think

Anyway he is absolutely right about the dynamic oil thingy going
south..........I have three of these little babies with varying part #'s in
the parts bin.  If you need one let me know

You will have to remove the cluster but if you are very careful, the
circuit board can be removed without removing or damaging the speedo.

HTH

Brian Honnold
'78 Rocco Ragtop

On Thursday, January 28, 1999 6:29 AM, Shannon Fenton
[SMTP:sfenton@telegroup.com] wrote:
> I'll give you the short version of the story. About almost a year ago the
list
> and I went thru this with my 87 16V. There has been service bullitens put
out by
> VW for numerous probs with the dynamic oil pressure warning system, i
actually
> have one. I had the exact same symptoms as you and yours will get worse
with
> time and the light will come on sooner and last longer. I have replaced
the
> following to correct the problem including numerous oil types and
viscosities.
> 36mm oil pump
> rod bearings
> main bearings
> all oil pressure sending units
> all new wiring to black boxes
>
> Guess what.....still does it. Only one componet was not replaced and that
was
> the actual computer board on the back of the cluster. If i were to
replace it new
> it was 110.00 and needed to be soldered into place. I being the technical
> genius Brian Honnold taught me to be just un-soldered the goddamn buzzer
since by
> then it had grown weak and sick sounding with over use. Guess that wasnt
the short
> version. Wish I was more help.
>

> Thank You for Your Time,
>         Shannon Fenton
>             North American Frontline Resolution
>             sfenton@telegroup.com
>

> ------------------------------
> Date: 1/27/99 8:27 PM
> To: Fenton, Shannon
> From: XXSpArCoXx
>
> Well i ran into something odd today . .My oil warning dumby light turned
on at
> 2100 oe 2200 rpm  ..  so I let go of the gas and it went away and I went
on my
> merry way .
> Ok now I started my car up after class no problems usual sounds coming
from
> under the hood. . . drive around normal in the parking lot all good. . .
now I