RE: Performance difference w/o a cat?

---------------------------
Date: 1/28/99 0:42 AM
To: Fenton, Shannon
From: C. Worden, John

At 08:38 PM 1/27/99 -0500, Jim Buck wrote:
>"New 2" Racing Dual Downpipe for Scirocco 16v
>Same as above except with 2" primary pipes. This
> downpipe was designed for modified engines. Adds
> approximately 11hp."

This is the down pipe that I have. I cant see it adding anywhere near that much. 2-3hp max. I was enthused to get it but kinda of disappointed at losing so much bottom end and only gaining a 2 or 3 more thousand rpms of usable power. The biggest mod i have really felt was Brian Honnolds home made enrichment module. That thing is well worth whatever he would charge....at first test I tought i broke my tach the thing spun up so fast. But I do have just a 1.8 16V.
Thank You for Your Time,
        Shannon Fenton
            North American Frontline Resolution
            sfenton@telegroup.com>