Fw: Re: Fw: Mk1 Body colors, mysterious pinstriping [was: Could it be

Ok.. I drove by this car every day for about five months. It was a 79-81
"ice" blue (remember, VERY light blue--almost silver) Scirocco. It was
Definatley an "S" model. the pinstriping, red badge, rear fascia, lack
of woodgrain on the interior, and Recaro's reeked of being an "S" model.
Either that or, it was a really good makeover. I'm doubting that, cause
the car was shot. It looked very very used.

***The only light colors listed in the 1978-1980 brochures are

* diamond silver
* pearl metallic (1978)
* alpine white

***it was probably a diamond silver S model. Many people used to think my
1981S (Grey) was green.
S models had the following:
* Zender frnt spoiler
* red pin stripes on the bumpers
* red pin stripes on the side moldings
* blacked out chrome
* red front emblem and red rear badges
* all cloth recaro seats
* 5 speed

>there were Diamond Silver and a metallic grey colored S models.

Describe Diamond Silver to me.. I'm curious.

*If you go to my web page - Kristen's 1978 Scirocco is Diamond Silver

*so, what is the paint code for your "ice" blue 1981 Scirocco? (it's on a
label in the trunk)

-Dave
'81 Scirocco ("ice" blue, Non-S)
'81 Scirocco (GOLD! Seriously...w/tan/brown int) FOR SALE!
***(probably Brazil Brown Metallic)

Mark